Friday, August 15, 2008

International Adult Learner's Week

Hi Somaiah:

I will try to outline the nature of my call in a few sentences. September 8 – 12 is International Adult Learner week. At Metro, we would like to profile a couple of adult learners who we believe exemplify life-long-learning. I instantly thought of you and the path that your career has taken. I have always been impressed with your commitment to volunteering your time and talents. I was wondering if I could put your name forward? I do not know exactly what may or may not come of this, however, I wanted to check with you first before giving your name and phone number to our marketing person. She may call you and ask you some questions. One of the questions I am sure she will ask is “how has Metro helped you to pursue life-long-learning”? This is why I called your house yesterday. You can either respond via email or you can give me a call.


Thank You,
Gerald Stobbe



Dear Mr Gerald Stobbe,

Good Morning. Thank you very much for your e-mail.
And I also thank you for the good impression you have for me. I will always try to keep it up.

Yes! I will never forget in my life, the way I had stepped into Metro and became the part of its learning activities and part of its lovely people, the great teachers, the other staff members, the principal and also other greater community of learners from different countries and cultures. I will never forget the beautiful experiences I had.

I had no objection sir, in giving my profile to any for asking further questions about that beautiful life, which inspired me to continue my efforts in the path of learning life-long.

I thank once again you, and your dedicated the staff members especially, my loving teachers, Mrs. Lynda, Mrs. Estella, Mrs. Kamala and finally Joan B Farhall. Not only me, but also my other family members remember these people as I shared my day today class-room experiences at home.

Finally I like to convey my sincere thanks everybody on the occasion of International Adult Learner week, 2008.

Sincerely, Somayya Kasani
www.kasani.org