Friday, February 02, 2007
Return love and provide a nurturing environment, dear parent....
We believe that becoming a parent is a gift, even though parenting means taking on an enormous responsibility. It’s a miracle that a child can come into the world and instinctively give us unconditional love. If we can return that kind of love and provide a nurturing environment, the responsibility becomes less challenging.
* When our daily life flows with a flexible rhythm,everyone benefits.
* Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.
* The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
* Education is a life; that life is sustained on ideas. The duty of parents is to sustain a child’s inner life with ideas as they sustain his body with food.
* Children should be exposed to as many things as possible to provide them with as many connections as possible as they are growing up; then when they are grown they will have a vast relationship with all around them.
* For the youngest children a time to be held and read to is important, and as they grow older that time continues to be important, even after they can read for themselves.
* When they are taking what they learned and re-wording it for narration it becomes their own thoughts and forms relations with other things they have learned.
* It is our duty as parents to continue to struggle against all discrimination whether of race, gender, orientation, age, or size.
Have a Nice Day, Children.
With Love, Amma-Naana