Monday, June 25, 2007

Art Of Life - People and their Passions

Sometimes it's the easiest thing in your life to find. Sometimes it's the most difficult. Everyone has one but very few can tap into it and make it their source of inspiration and income.

I'm talking about your passion. Art of Life has profiled many successful people and the one thing they all have in common is their passion.

Whether it's Alberta Ferretti's passion for design, Thomas Keller's passion for food, Nerio Alessandri's passion for wellness, or David Coulthard's passion for racing, they all are successful because they are doing what they love.

So do you find your passion or does it find you?

There are many of us who are so wrapped up in our lives that we can't find our passions. Plato said, "necessity is the mother of invention".

Perhaps necessity is also the key to leading you to your passion.

I remember Fawaz Gruosi, founder of de Grisogono jewelry, telling me that it was his need to find a job that landed him at a jewelry store as an assistant.

He would later find his passion for designing jewelry, a passion that would earn him a multi-million dollar business and ultimately a lifestyle of luxury.

I love meeting people who inspire me. I love meeting people who are doing what they love to do.

It gives me that kind of energy and inspiration to find that key to not only unlocking my passion but to earn a living from it. That, in my mind, is when I know I am successful.

I guess the secret is being open to it and to never stop searching until you have found it.

~Monita Rajpal