August Strindberg : Swedish playwright, novelist, and short-story writer, asks himself.
1. What is the main trait in your character?
This strange blending of the deepest melancholy and the most astonishing light heartedness.
2 Which characteristic do you prize most highly in a man?
Absence of narrow mindedness.
3. Which characteristic do you prize most highly in a woman?
4. Which talent would you most like to possess?
To find the key to the world's mystery and the meaning of life.
5. Which fault would you least like to possess?
6. What is your favorite occupation?
To write dramas.
7. What would be the greatest happiness you could imagine?
To be nobody's enemy and to have no enemies.
8. What position would you most have liked to have?
To be a dramatist whose dramas were always being played.
9. What would you regard as the greatest misfortune?
To be without peace of mind and conscience.
10.Your favorite creature?
11. Which English writer do you admire most?
12. Which English painter do you admire most?
13. Which fault in others do you find it easiest to forgive?
14. Which social reform would you most like to see accomplished?