Thursday, August 30, 2007

I, Like You.....Am Human.

"Accept me as I am-I have no guarantee.
A claim to perfection I have not.
Perfect I cannot be. I, like you.....am human.

Prone to make mistakes.
Failure is not a character flaw,
Just a part of the human makeup.

I live, I laugh and I also learn.
My knowledge is incomplete.
I am searching all the time,
in waking hours as well as in sleep.

I have a long road to travel, as well as you do.
We learn our lessons on the way.
Wisdom we shall accrue.

Accept me as I am Because I am ....me.
And You are you.
No one like me in the world.
That is my only guarantee.

******************************************

Accept Me
I am I
Do not change me
Nor put me down

Accept me for what I am
NO.... you need not agree with me
But accept me
For I am total in being

I have my faults
I have my gifts
But that is who I am

Perfect I will never be
Allow me to be uninhibited
Do not pressure me into feeling

what I do not feel
Accept me when I am flying high
As I have accepted you when
You were flying high

Do not put me down...nor make
me feel unhappy about me
I am I
And I like being what I am"