Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Our Hearty Congratulations to you both on your 50th Wedding Anniversary


Dear Somaiah garu,

Firstly thank you for your affectionate mail. We wish you all a Happy Ugadi.

We're indeed glad to hear about your membership in the Alberta New Democratic Party. In our association with with you, we noticed that you had a selfless urge to serve people irrespective of their backgrounds.

I'm sure the people you interact with, will greatly benefit with your wisdom and practical approach to solving problems. This often reminds me of a quotation that my second son Chy. Shastri shared with me ( he read it somewhere). " Love people & Use things instead of Using people and Loving things". We wish you the best of health and happiness.

About us...
My wife Varalakshmi & I recently celebrated our 50th Wedding anniversary ( 7 March). We decided to keep the function low profile and chose to distribute food & fruits at an Old Age Home nearby ( on the road that leads to the Temple bus stand) in KPHB. Otherwise, we are in good health and doing well.

Please stay in touch and do convey our regards to you children & other family members.

regards
Prakash Rao


Dear Prakash Rao garu, Namaskaram.

I felt happy to receive your encouraging and supportive e-mail for my journey of life here in Edmonton, Canada.

We convey our hearty congratulations to you and Madam Varalakshmi on the occasion of the celebrations of 50th Wedding Anniversary.

We complete 40 years of our married life by May 5, 2008. I know how hard it is to make our journey of our life successfully! We have to face many ups and downs both expected and unexpected experiences...

Yes! I am enjoying the loving company of our family members, the community of our Telugu people in Edmonton and the people of other communities as well in my surroundings and the city.

I am taking ETS bus rides to the City centre five days a week learning Language, Culture, History and Geography of our province Alberta and Canada in general. In that way I am mingling with many people around here. Our provincial government will pay the fee for me, as I am not earning any more in Canada.

During my weekend I associate with the activities of other associations of my interest in the city. In that way I am keeping myself busy to avoid boredom.

I remember a quote: " He is happy whose circumstances suit his temper; but he is more excellent who can suit his temper to any circumstances." I am trying my best to suit my temper to my circumstances, here.

More in my next e-mail,

With regards, Somayya Kasani