Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Good Afternoon


Dear Children,

"Let the beauty we love be what we do. The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart. Taking the first footstep with a good thought the second with a good word and the third with a good deed. Nothing is more highly prized than the value of each day."

I had my lunch, just now. Our LINC4 class is very interesting with a good teacher and with some new pupils as well.

I reached the school by 8:30 am. The class was at work at 8: 45. Before I came to my school, I had a cup of tea and read the Newspaper.

Given below is an instant writeup assignment in our class. Please read this at your available time.

More in my next, e-mail:
With Love, Nana



January 8, 2008

My new friend: Gulchehra

My new friend in LINC 4, this session is Gulchehra. We call her Gulya. She sits beside me on my left in the class-room. She came to Edmonton, Canada on immigration from Turmennistan. Her husband Mr. James sponsored her to Canada. His native town is Marrhead. It is about 100 miles away from Edmonton city. She lives with her husband in Edmonton, near Southgate. Her in-laws live in their native town Marrhead.

Her parents Mr. Bahram and Mrs. Gulkamar live in Seydi, in Turkmenistan. She is the only daughter for them. They often greet her over phone to comfort her. She worked as a Typist in an office after her Grade 10. She also did some courses before she joined as a typist, in Turkmenistan.

Presently she is doing LINC 4, after successfully completing LINC 3 and LINC 2. It is great that she could attend two sessions with in a short span of time. She came to Canada only eight months ago. She is not only doing her Language Instruction Class but also working in a Restaurant, part-time.

Gulya is an active and intelligent girl, and I hope that she can adopt the new way life soon and will over come the challenges that come on her way, easily with the support of her husband and her new friends in Edmonton.

Thanks to Metro and its staff for offering all of us the link by its worthy LINC program.

Somayya Kasani