Monday, February 18, 2008

ACA Edmonton - Thank You Mr. & Mrs Nageswar Rao


Dear Sri Somaiah:

I am happy to browse the ACA, Edmonton, website and learn of its activities.

My wife and I were among the founding members of the ACA in 1969 on Sankranti day. We had an active part in starting the Telugu classes in my flat in Michener Park where my wife Mrs. Durga, gathered Telugu children and taught them our language.

I was also founder-editor of Vani in ditto mode. Later the late P. Mallikarjuna Rao brought out a mimeographed edition and these were displayed in the first World Telugu Conference in Hyderabad in l972.

Picnics and children's games were also there right from the inception of the ACA. We also started a Telugu library with UNESCO books and a few weekly journals. I don't know the current status of the library.

We also showed one or two Telugu films such as Malleswari Although there were many who were sceptically at that time, I am happy to note that the ACA has successfully completed 39 years.

Of the founding members, I still find Mrs. Suseela Subbarao. Mr. K. Syamasundara rao and his wife, Damayanti. Mrs. P. Leela is also a good friend of our family I don't have a complete list of your current members.

Please convey our greetings to all your members, notably to the old-timers and founding members like Mrs. Suseela and Syama sundara Rao and Mrs. P. Leela.

I wish your or our ACA all the best in the years to come.

Regards,
E. Nageswara Rao



Dear Mr. & Mrs Nageswar Rao,
Namaskaram. Thank you very much for your lovely greetings and remembering us the sweet days of our Andhra Cultural Association, Edmonton.

On be half of me and our family and our greater family ACA, Edmonton, we Sincerely wish you and all your beautiful family members A Happy Family Day Greetings...

And I am also forwarding your loving letter to all our ACAians, on this auspicious Day. We shall keep your message of LOVE for the community in our record. Thank you very much.

Note: I shall forward you soon an electronic copy of our Member Directory 2007 - 2008soon.

With Best Regards,
Somayya Kasani & Vijayalakshmi Kasani