Friday, February 15, 2008

Dear Mrs. Leah, You add a lot of love to everything you share with us.

Dear Leah, Good Morning. How are you?

I thank you very much, on behalf me and my pretty class for your nice Valentine Day cards and pretty bags of sweet to all of us. And I also thank you for your lessons not just from books but from life where you are.

With Best Regards, Somayya Kasani





I dreamed I stood in a studio
And watched two sculptors there,

The clay they used was a young child's mind
And they fashioned it with care.

One was a teacher:
the tools she used were books and music and art;

One was a parent
With a guiding hand and gentle loving heart.

And when at last their work was done,
They were proud of what they had wrought.




Dear Somayya,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have really enjoyed talking with you and getting to know you over the past two weeks. Your intelligence and warmth add so much to the class. I hope you and your family have a wonderful long weekend.

My sister and her family (they live in Washington DC ) are visiting this weekend so I am looking forward to spending some time with them. Again, thank you for the thoughtfulness of your letter.

I will see you on Tuesday.
Sincerely,
Leah