Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Few Lines on Reading

Dear Children, Here are a few lines on Reading...

~ Learning to Read is Basic, Loving to Read is the Plus.

~ A book is good company. Read in order to live. What is reading, but silent conversation.

~ Children are made readers on the laps of their parents. Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life.

~ I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage.

~ When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.

~ Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.

~ When I look back, I am so impressed again with the life-giving power of literature.

~ To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark.

~ A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors.

~ To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting.

~ The best effect of any book is that it excites the reader to self activity.

~ There is no substitute for books in the life of a child.

Have a Nice Day!
Amma-Naana