Saturday, March 28, 2020
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Thank you, Somayya, for sharing the family photos of your celebration of the New Year.
You are so wise and fortunate to have such a lovable family and for getting together as you do.
Thank you for once again teaching me.
You gave me reasons to read and learn something about the special day, Ugadi.
Enjoy every day.
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Never stop building bridges that lead to better tomorrows. Never stop looking at all miracles we have had.
- A more peaceful way to live is to decide consciously which battles are worth fighting and which are better left alone. Not all battles are important.
- Remember to take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go. What you do makes you who you are. Think of hard times like bad weather. They too will pass.
- You life is your story write it well and edit it often. All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming takes all mankind together.
- We enjoy celebrations because they allow us to remember the things in life that truly matter. So remember to celebrate milestones as you prepare for the road ahead.
- Courage is to tell the story of who you are with your whole heart.
- Growing old is humbling and it takes effort to accomplish this stage of life with dignity. Your age is measured by your dreams not by the years. It is a process of making you bold and beautiful. Every day live in a way that honors who you are. You are evolution. You are revolution.
- You are the books you read, the people you meet, the dreams you have, the conversations you engage in. You are what you take from these.
- Don’t let your Bria in bored. Curiosity is one of the best way to prevent that. Become engaged in the world around you, make changes in your daily routine and find something you are passionate about. We turn not older with years but newer everyday.
- Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and in the process, cars for ourselves. In every single thing you do you are choosing a direction. Your life is a product of choices.
- As long as we have memories, yesterday remains. As long as we have hope, tomorrow awaits. As long as we have love, today is beautiful.
- It takes humility to seek feedback. It takes wisdom to understand it, analyze it and appropriately act on it.
- Some people come in our life as blessings. Some people come in our life as lessons.
- It’s the camaraderie and shared purpose as much as milestones we set that give our lives meaning.
- You are inspiration to all. You have great enthusiasm for life and learning. Keep your courageous spirit.
- We believe you exemplify lifelong learning. We have always been impressed with your commitment to volunteering your time and talent.
- You deserve a lot of acknowledgement for your accomplishments and we are proud to have worked with you and see you grow so much in a short time here with us: Edmonton Welcome Center for Newcomers.
Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Scientists say walking tall with swinging arms helps you feel more positive.
- When you smile, you can change your brain’s chemistry and feel happier.
- Find ways to get involved in your community or help out a friend in need. You’ll help yourself, too. It can improve your mental health.
- Make New Friends: Be open to new relationships, whether it’s someone you meet at the office, gym, or park. But be sure to maintain those lifelong connections, too. Studies show the more connected you are, the happier you are.
- Count Your Blessings: Write down everything that’s good in your life. When you make an effort to look on the bright side, it helps you stay focused on the positive.
- It can take as little as 5 minutes for exercise to put you in a better mood. Moving your body also has good long-term effects: Regular exercise helps keep depression at bay.
- Forgiveness frees you from negative thoughts and makes more room in your life for inner peace. And that brings you happiness.
- Music can have a powerful effect on your emotions. Pick your favorite music mix and get into the groove.
- Happiness is about more than momentary pleasure. It’s also in the satisfaction of pursuing your goals.
- Tackle Your Goals: Ask yourself if they are realistic and within your reach now -- or at least, things that you can start to work toward. Then get really specific about what the goal is -- not “to work out more” but “to walk 30 minutes a day, three times this week,” or “I’ll have a salad for lunch twice this week.”
- Seek Positive People: “Emotions are contagious,” as the saying goes. So you want people in your life who are confident, upbeat, and health.