Saturday, July 05, 2008

We are new every day!

From you I receive; to you I give; together we share; by this we live

Seattle

July 5th, 2008

The aim of life is to live. To live means to be aware.

Dear All, Good Evening.

I would like to share with you how I spent my time with my Tataiah during his visit to Seattle during American & Canadian Independence Day long weekend.

After enjoying our vacation with our grandparents and all our near and dear people in our homeland, India, we came back to our sweet home in Redmond, USA. Our flight reached the airport in Seattle-Tacoma on time. Before we went to the Baggage Collection Point, my dear Dad and Edmonton Tataiah received us near the arrival gate itself. Tataiah came to Seattle to associate with us for a few days and share our experiences.

We drove to our home, after collecting our baggage and paying the parking fee. We had delicious dinner prepared by dear dad before he came to the airport.

The next day we all went on a walking tour in and around our neighborhood. I greeted people on our way and enjoyed seeing the green lawns, plants, flowers on either side of the road.


Our trip to Bellevue Centre:
On June 30, 2008, after my dad came home from his office in the evening, we had some snacks and planned our trip to Children’s play area in Bellevue Center. It is the place where children feel happy to spend their time together, climbing and jumping and running around it. In the late evening, in spite of security’s repeated warnings to close the games, children leave the place with great reluctance. It’s really a fun way to spend our time unknowingly. We forget our dear parents, but immerse only in our play.

The next day: It was Canada Day, July 1st. Tataiah sent Canada day greetings to his friends in Edmonton, by emails. The weather was good in the evening. We planned our trip to Rosa Parks Elementary School Campus. The Campus was very tidy. The school was not at work; they are enjoying the summer vacation. But many kids come to the play ground, just like us, to spend some time playing around. I can join in this school for my Kindergarten classes and can complete my Junior High Classes as well. This school is very close to our home. It takes only a few minutes of walk to reach the school from my home. I’m really very happy about it.

On July 2nd, thanks to my parents, we planned our trip to the Bellevue Center for a second time. Our journey to the Town Center was also very pleasant, because there was a gentle breeze in that summer evening. When we reached the place, it was a great surprise that we could see our family friends – Prasad Uncle, Shanthi Aunty and their loving kid, Medhansh. It was a surprise reunion for the families. We enjoyed the evening together. While we were at play, our parents exchanged their news and views all the time.


Walking in and around our neighborhood with my beloved parents is a pleasant thing for me. They live in me and I live in them and we all live in our neighborhood and the entire neighborhood lives in us. Our neighborhood is brand new everyday and we are also new every day.


Thanks to my beloved parents, they schedule their time for me, to enjoy these beautiful evenings with me in our walking tours. Thanks to dear Tataiah who came from Edmonton just to meet and greet me and share my lovely stories. I know he is a little uncomfortable to leave me, after a few days of association with me and my loving parents. But he has to go. My dear Nanamma as well as dear Vikram and Vinod are looking forward to his coming back there soon. I am sure that we will keep in touch with one another with our frequent phone calls. Tataiah always quotes that love of duty is beauty. So I cannot insist either to stay with us for few more days.


Our Tataiah is leaving to Edmonton tomorrow morning after his breakfast. I know Edmonton is not too far from us. He will have lunch with our dear Nanamma at 2:00 pm. I know Tataiah shares every bit of my activities with my dear Vikram and Vinod and with their loving parents. I know both of them are as dear as I am to our loving Tataiah & Nanamma. I am really very proud of it. Thank you all for your precious time to read my story.

With Love, Pragathi Konda

Note: My Tataiah, Somayya Kasani gave his language for my feelings/ thoughts