Monday, February 09, 2009

First Day Of My Practicum At Welcome Center For Immigrants


Dear Children, Good Evening.

Today, February 09, 2009 I have done my first day of my Practicum at ‘Millwoods Welcome Centre for Immigrants.’ I went to the office on time in the morning at 8: 45am and left the office after 4 p.m. All the staff members are cooperative and with willing attitude.

Marcella, Volunteer Co-ordinator introduced me to Lubna, Employment Counsellor, Jane, Settlement Counsellor, Arshad, Settlement Counsellor, Paul Settlement/ Housing Coordinator. And she also advised me to work / observe Intake Procedures with Yolande at the Front Desk. Yolande is also Career & Employment Counsellor, who works two days here in this centre.

I assisted clients on filling up new intake forms. Filed couple of letters. And also assisted clients with outgoing faxes and photocopying documents. I am learning new things needed to my work.

With Love,
Amma-Naana