Sunday, October 27, 2019

Bernie Sanders - "I know something about immigration."




I know something about immigration because my dad came to this country from Poland at the age of 17 without a nickel in his pocket, without much of an education and without knowing the English language.

Like immigrants before and since, he worked hard to give his family a better life here in the United States. He never made much money.

We lived in a three and a half room rent-controlled apartment in Brooklyn, New York, but he worked hard, my mom worked hard, and they were able to create a situation where their two kids went to college.

Their story, my story, your story, our story is the story of America, hardworking families coming to the United States to create a brighter future for their kids.

It is a story rooted in family and fueled by hope.
It is a story that continues to this day in families all across the United States.
------------------------

image1.png