Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our attendance at 42nd NDP Annual Convention is useful and wonderful

It is not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute ... that gives meaning to our lives.

Dear all,

Thank you all for your communication.

Our attendance at 42nd NDP Annual Convention is useful and wonderful. About 250 delegates, both men and women, attended the convention from different parts of the province. There was a significant number of youth also present. The Discussion process, Labour presentations, Networking with other New Democrats are the events that attracted me the most.

I was able to connect with many individuals, made many unique acquaintances, I could share my thoughts, and could pick up some new ideas from others too.

I was also happy to see some new faces on the new executive of the Alberta NDP provincial council and was impressed by their energy to move the party forward in our chosen direction. However, I know that the new executive will certainly need to receive the members’ constructive ideas, and input of their time to meet the demand for openness, transparency, and accountability.


Indeed it is a most significant trip. More in my next e-mail from home.

With Love, Naana