Sunday, June 22, 2008

A True Friend - Re-visiting A Poem By Khahlil Gibran

~The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

~Thick and thin, tall and small, fast and slow. Tell me who is always there for you. I am sure you know. Your best friend, of course, don't let him or her go

~From you I receive; to you I give; together we share; by this we live.


If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you.
And share with you it's beauty
On the days you're feeling blue.


If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own.
A place to find serenity
A place to be alone.


If I could take your troubles
I would toss them into the sea,
But all these things I'm finding
Are impossible for me.


I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair,
But let me be what I know best,
A friend that is always there.

...Khahlil Gibran

Have a Nice Day!
AmmaNaana