Friday, May 04, 2018

About my dear grandma

Pragathi’s presentation during her Grandparents’ 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebrations on May 5th, 2018 in Redmond, Washington.

My dear grandma was born on January 7, 1948 in Telangana, India. Laxmikantharao and Padmabai were her parents.

My grandma has a large family. She has 6 brothers and 3 sisters, for a total of 10 children. J My grandma is the second of sisters, 6th overall.

My grandma’s dad was an Engineer. He worked in the development of large irrigation projects including Nagarjunasagar and Pochampad.

My grandma’s mother took care of the entire family and focused on the upbringing up of the children.
My grandma studied until Higher Secondary School in those days. She remembers her teachers well, they were very nice but strict.

After marriage, my grandma moved from the city of Nizamabad to live with my grandpa in rural villages in Warangal. While she lost some material comforts, she did not complain and embraced the new life. Together they focused on education of their three children – my dear aunts Aparna and Anupama and my dad Ajay. They also guided the school children and had a happy life.


Apart from taking care of all family, my grandma’s hobbies include – knitting, reading and especially preparing delicious treats 😊