We have watched the movie Maa-Bhoomi and read the biography of Ayn Rand, this morning!
With Love, Naana
was born in St. Petersburg, Russia on February 2, 1905. At the age of eight, she began writing her own tales, and by nine, she decided to become a professional writer. Here are a few interesting quotes by Ayn Rand.
* What is greatness? It is the capacity to live by : reason, purpose, self-esteem.
* A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
* A desire presupposes the possibility of action to achieve it; action presupposes a goal which is worth achieving.
* Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
* Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values.
* Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision.
* To achieve, you need thought. You have to know what you are doing and that's real power.
* Love is our response to our highest values.
* Anyone who fights for the future, lives in it today.
* To love is to value. A man of self-esteem, is capable of love - because he is the only man capable of holding firm, consistent, uncompromising, unbetrayed values. The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.