Thursday, January 24, 2008

Life can only be understood backwards, but must be lived forwards.


Dear Monica,

How are you? How is your study at MacEvan College? Please tell me something about your present curriculam.

The above picture is from the movie " I am David". We watched that movie on last Friday in our class. I am sure that our Paul might have told you the story, already. The movie was really very nice. All of us kept our poor eyes wide open all the time, from the beginning to the end of the Film.

We will discuss about this movie later in our classroom.

The real tragedy is that we can understand the history, easily. But we cannot identify and understand the would be history (present), which goes around us in our day today life. Life can only be understood backwards, but must be lived forwards. If we can read the people well, around us we can find many Davids. But it is not easy to read people alive (present) well, rather than we can do it well their past.

More in my next e-mail. Please convey my best wishes to Mr. Paul.

With Regards,
~Somayya Kasani



Hi Somaiah,

It's so nice to hear from you. I am fine and my studies are going well.

We have speaking, reading, writing and listening classes. I felt little bored at the beginning because it seemed to be too easy for me, but it became more interesting now. The level is little more complicated but not impossible. I like that, because it keeps my mind working all the time.

We have different topics: arts, computers, sociology, medicine, etc. We have also researches and presentations.

One of the research's topic is "A famous person". I choose to research about Mahatma Gandhi because he has been a spirit of peace and truth, even after his death.

I am glad to hear you liked the movie "I am David". I was also impressed about it and I went immly to the library and borrowed the book, that the movie is based on. I would like to recommend you to read it. It's amazing in a way of telling the story. When you start reading it, the time just flies and you cannot leave it from your hands.

I hope everything is fine about you and your family. I wish you all the best and I wait for your reply.

Regards,
Monica Ciobanu