Monday, November 27, 2006

Morning Breeze - Abdul Kalaam

"I build no walls, to confirm to joy or sorrow;
To sacrifice or achieve, or to gain or lose,
I just grow flowers on all open spaces,
And float lilies on ponds and rivers.

I keep planting trees, for birds to have nests,
At the dawn of the sun, when morning breeze blow.
Sun light get filtered through shining tree leaves,
Birds' flight gives me sense of freedom and pleasure.

Scattered light of colour and treasure,
Fragrance of flowers gives me delight of creator.
Lilies floating over like nature's dance,
Why should I build walls to confine them all?

I have no house, only open spaces,
Filled with truth, kindness and dreams.
Desire to see my country developed and great,
Dreams to see everywhere happiness and peace. "


A.P.J. Abdul Kalam